Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Shincheonji Bible Study, "The Broken Old Covenant"



The Broken Old Covenant
-Shincheonji Bible Study-
 
 
 
Main references: Ex 19:5-6, Lk 22:20


What are the broken old covenant and the new covenant, and who made them with whom respectively?

First, let us find out about the broken old covenant. In Genesis 15, God had promised to Abraham what He would fulfill in the future, and God fulfilled this promise through Moses when the time came. God made a covenant again through Moses with the Israelites who came out of Egypt, and the content is recorded in Exodus 19:5-6.

  • Ex19:5-6
“Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.”

However, this covenant was broken by the Israelites worshipping gentile gods at the time of Solomon after they entered the land of Canaan (1 Kgs 11). As a result, Israel was captured by a gentile nation. This is the broken old covenant. Thus, Physical Israel was not able to become God’s kingdom and priests or a holy nation, and the covenant made with God was broken. For that reason, it is said in Hosea 6:7, “Like Adam, they have broken the covenant.”

Next, let us look at Jeremiah 31:31-33.

  • Jer 31:31-33
"The time is coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. “This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time,” declares the Lord. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
 
 
God said "I will make a new covenant" through Jeremiah.
When does this promise become fulfilled?


This goes on and on......
I'll see you next time, bye(*^.^)/~




Shincheonji Andrew Tribe blog



No comments:

Post a Comment